ABOUT 

u s

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
Trust in the Lord 

with all thine heart

and lean not unto

thine own understanding.

- p r o v e r b s 3:5 - 

THE p a s t o r

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

HIST0RY 0F b e t h e l

Untitled.jpg

BETHEL A.M.E. CHURCH

LOVE

PEACE

JOY

FAITH

HOPE

UNITY

Rev. Mallory H. Tarrance began his first journey with Bethel from 1976 until 1979 and returned for part two of the journey in 2008, where he is presently the pastor.  First Lady, Nadine Tarrance, is always by his side in his ministry.  Bethel has truly grown in membership, faith, love, dedication, and most importantly - trust in the Lord, while under the leadership of Rev. Mallory H. Tarrance.        

TARRANCE-MALLORY-3.jpgaaaa.jpgbbb.jpgfff.jpgrrrr.jpgwww.jpgqq.jpgzzz.jpgAME.jpg
In March 1862, a group of thirteen met in an old log schoolhouse about three and one-half miles northwest of the village of Noblesville on the Pleasant Evans farm to organize Bethel A.M.E. church. The pastor of this fledgling group was a local preacher from Indianapolis named Mr. Indicutt.  There were many meetings there in  the old  school house and several successful camp meetings  were held there  in the woods nearby.
On about 1868, the pastor (Rev. Hekekiah Harper) saw the need for a permanent place of worship and purchased land in J.R. Gray’s Addition (Division Street) for $125 and erected a new building (18 feet by 32 feet) for $700.  The church was dedicated by Bishop Alexander Wayman on September 28, 1873 and was actually occupied in 1874.  From there, Bethel purchased the church on Fifth and Walnut Streets from the Wesleyan Church and moved to that location  on Easter Sunday 1914.   Because of space and facility limitations at the Fifth Street location, and under  the direction of  Bethel’s  present pastor Rev. Mallory Tarrance, Bethel moved worship services to The Worship Center of Hamilton County on March 2011 at 2200 Sheridan Road. It is no doubt providential, that where Bethel worshiped then was a very short distance from the old log schoolhouse where those thirteen worshipers originally met.  Now having moved even more forward in July 2013, Bethel now resides at their new home in Noblesville - just minutes away from their past worship locations.  Each locational move Bethel made was to accommodate growth. We pray that as we grow numerically we will grow spiritually. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.   

For information about the A.M.E. Church, click the following link

bar.jpgbar.jpgdsgn_40_buttom.pngUntitled.jpg